Featured Post

We've moved to tex.my!

It’s been great writing on Blogger.com, but we’ve decided to move to a new platform, thanks to some valuable help from a great, great friend...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

April Fool came late this year

River Valley TV has posted the video of Donald Knuth’s “earth-shattering” announcement at the TUG 2010 Conference about a “successor to TeX” that he’s been “secretly working on”.

Utterly hilarious, in which Prof Knuth parodies almost every single recent software and technology trends. And taking lots of “inspirations” from the c.t.t. newsgroup posts methinks. ;-) (Gotta love the transparencies too. Really takes me back to my undergrad days...)

As many have commented on the Web, “April Fool came late/early” for TeXies!

1 comment:

  1. I also was surprised (though somewhat skeptical) when I saw the ad ... Good thing it was just a joke

    ReplyDelete